31/07/2015 | 10:35:37 AM
any rest for the bees
ANY REST FOR THE BEES
- Hi! My Dear Bee, How are you. What a hot Summer, isn't it?
-Uff! Really too hot, said the Bee without stopping moving its wings.
- Just a question, tell me, please what you are doing.
- Ventilation, Mr Rosemary, ventilation; and l'm so exhausted! We spent hours doing this task. All day long ventilating our beehive, because it's extremely importantto keep it in good conditions: it's good for the breeds incubation and it is necessary for the honey madury, buzzed the Bee.
... The bees, as we breath and move, are generating heat and humidity. But both conditions have to be regulated by ourselves, the temperature inside the beehive should be around thirty-four degrees and the humidity level must be changeless. We are able to do these and many other essential things that allow us to develop in cold or hot places as this one where we are now near the Monte Mayor Hill and the Valley of Ayora. Unfortunately when the outside conditions are not the expected ones, we are obliged to do bigger efforts to carry on with the colony o bees.
-Oh! How interesting!
- My Friend Rosemary, ... indeed sometimes we must leave the nest because of the tremendous achievement we are doing. In Summer time during the hot season we try to carry nectar into our hives and it's also the moment when the beekeepers want to recollect the biggest amount of honey we could produce...., and you know it's very, very tiring.
- Dear Bee, how special you are, and so unknown!